Posted by Admin on July, 29, 2019
Arka or Calotropis Gigantea is a kind of perennial shrub which generally grows about 2 ½ meter tall with multiple branches and sub-branches. Leaves of this shrub are opposite, simple, ovate, sessile, and look cordate near the roots. Normally it appears with bunches of waxy lavender or white flowers. Its stem is milky and contains calcium oxalate, glycosides, and fatty acid.
General information on Arka herb:
Arka is its Sanskrit name. It is known as ‘Aak’ in Hindi. Arka is popular for its medicinal properties and in India, this medicinal shrub grows almost anywhere. Even you can get Arka seeds online where many Arka seed suppliers in India provide high-quality seeds, which you can buy and sow in your garden to get its medicinal benefits in need.
The light green tender stem of Arka plant secretes sticky milky white substance if broken. And, because of this particular peculiarity, Arka is familiar to the native people. But remember it is toxic in nature and is considered as one of the renowned plant toxins in the world of Ayurveda. Hence, it is not advisable to be consumed by pregnant women. Irrespective of its toxicity, the latex can be purified in a particular manner in the laboratory and can be proved to be used as an efficient antidote in the world of herbal medicine.
Arka means ‘sun’ and thus this herb is strong enough and offers astringent properties just like the influential rays of the sun.
Ayurvedic properties of Arka:
• Taste is bitter
• It is light in weight, dry, and sharp
• It is hot in potency
• Metabolic property is pungent
Practical Applications of Arka (Calotropis Gigantea):
Different parts of the Arka plant have distinct medicinal properties. Thus, many people buy from the reputed arka seed wholesale suppliers in the country who can offer them some discounts too rather than supplying high-quality seeds to sow.
• The latex found from the stem is helpful in inducing vomiting and purgation
• This herb has an astringent property and thus treats different types of skin diseases
• According to Ayurveda, it offers soothing effects over Vata dosha and thus relieves in bloating, abdominal distension, or flatulence due to indigestion of food
• In any case, if fluid accumulation occurs in the abdomen, it can be helpful in treating ascites
• It has anti-inflammatory property, thus it offers natural cleansing which provokes early healing of the wounds, itching, spleen disorders, etc.
• If any kinds of worm infestations happen to the body, it offers strong natural cleansing to clear the intestines
• It is a kind of digestive stimulant and thus helps the digestive system to function smoothly
• It is helpful in improving appetite and thus fights anorexia and eliminates the symptoms of lacking interest in the consumption of food
• In Ayurveda, it has common use in treating hemorrhoids due to its alkaline property
• It can pacify Kapha dosha too and thus benefits the working of the respiratory system. It is helpful in treating cough, cold, and many types of respiratory problems
• The latex found in its stem can be used as an antidote for snake’s bite
Hence, if you have set your mind to buy some good quality seeds of this medicinal herb to sow them in the soil of your kitchen garden for growing some fresh veggies, contact the best Arka seeds supplier in Haryana.